1.(2009安徽卷)We can never expect bluer sky unless we create less polluted world.
A. a; a B. a; the
C. the; a D. the; the
2. (2009安徽卷)China has got a good for fighting against the flu with its careful and smooth organization.
A. reputation B. influence C. impression D. knowledge
3. (2009北京卷)The biggest whale is ___ blue whale, which grows to be about 29 meters long— the height of _______ 9-story building.
A. the; the B. a; a C. a; the D. the; a
4. (2009福建卷)We are at your service. Don’t ______ to turn to us if you have any further problems.
A. beg B. hesitate C. desire D. seek
5. (2009福建卷)The World Health Organization gave a warning to the public without any When the virus of H1N1 hit Mexico in April,2009.
A. delay B. effort C. schedule D. consideration
6. (2009湖北卷)Hiking by oneself can be fun and good for health. It may also be good for building. K
A. respect B. friendship C. reputation D. character
7. (2009湖北卷) in our class, when the bell rang and the teacher closed his book, it was a for everyone to stand up.
A. signal B. chance C. Mark D. measure
8. (2009江西卷)The ____________ shoes were covered with mud, so I asked them to take them off before they got into __________ car.
A. girl’s; Tom’s B. girls’; Toms’ C. girls’; Tom’s D. girl’s; Toms’
9. (2009江西卷)Some people fear that ________ air pollution may bring about changes in _______ weather around the world.
A. /; the B. the; / C. an; the D. the; a
10. (2009辽宁卷)This area experienced heaviest rainfall in month of May.
A 不填; a B a ; the C the ; the D the ; a
11. (2009全国I)Let’s go to cinema-that’ll take your mind off the problem for while
A. the; the B. the; a C. a; the D. a ; a
12. (2009全国II)What I need is _____ book that contains _____ ABC of oil painting.
A. a；不填 B. the; 不填 C. the; an D. a; the
13. (2009山东卷)— He says that my new car is a ____________ of money.
— Don’t you think those words are just sour grapes?
A. lack B. load C. question D. waste
14 (2009陕西卷)What pity that you couldn’t be there to receive prize!
A a;a B the ; a C a ; the D the;the
15. (2009陕西卷)Form their ________ on the top of the TV Tower, visitors can have a better view of the city. A. stage B.position C. condition D. situation
16. (2009四川卷)In order to find _____ better job, he decided to study ____ second foreign language.
A. the; a B. a; a C. the; the D. a; the
17. (2009天津卷)I’m trying to break the _______ of getting up too late
A. tradition B. convenience C. habit D. leisure
18. (2009浙江卷)I don't understand what the engineer means, but I’ve got rough idea of ___
Project plan. A. the; a B. 不填； the C. the；不填 D. a; the
19. (2009浙江卷) The system has been designed to give students quick and easy to the digital resources of the library.
A. access B. passage C. way D. approach
20. (2009重庆卷)Washing machines made by China have won ______worldwide attention and Haier has become _____popular name.
A. a; the B./;a C./;the D. the; a
1. (2009北京卷)Being a parent is not always easy, and being the parent of a child with special needs often carries with ___ extra stress.
A. it B. them C. one D. him
2. (2009江苏卷)Nine in ten parents said there were significant differences in their approach to educating their children compared with _____ of their parents.
A. those B. one C. both D. that
3. .(2009辽宁卷) is the power of TV that it can make a person suddenly famous.
A. Such B. This C. That D. So
4. (2009全国I)One of the most important questions they had to consider was of public health
A. what B. this C. that D. which
5. (2009全国II)Charles was alone at home, with _____ looking after him.
A. someone B. anyone C. not one D. no one
6. (2009全国II) The CDs are on sale！Buy one and you get ______ completely free.
A. other B. others C. one D. ones
7. (2009山东卷)I felt so bad all day yesterday that I decided this morning I couldn’t face ________ day like that.
A. other B. another C. the other D. others
8. (2009陕西卷) Jane was asked a lot of questions ,but she didn’t answer of them .
A other B any C none D some
9. (2009上海卷)— Wow! You’ve got so many clothes.
— But _____ of them are in fashion now.
A. all B. both C. neither D. none
10. (2009四川卷)I like this house with a beautiful garden in front, but I don’t have enough money to buy__________.
A. one B. it C. this D. that
11. (2009浙江卷)— I’ve read another book this week.
— Well, maybe is not how much you read but what you read that counts.
A .this B. that C. there D. it
12. (2009重庆卷)Over the past 20 years, the Internet helped change our world in _____way or another for the better.
A. any B. one C. every D. either
1. (2009安徽卷)— Do you think it's a good idea to make friends with your students?
— , I do. I think it's a great idea.
A. Really B. Obviously C. Actually D. Generally
2. (2009福建卷) It seems that living green is easy and affordable. A small step masks a big difference.
A. exactly B. fortunately C. surprisingly D. hardly
3. (2009湖北卷) As there is less and less coal and oil, scientists are exploring new ways of making use of energy, such as sunlight, wind and water for power and fuel.
A. primary B. alternative C. instant D. unique
4. (2009湖北卷)The questionnaire takes ten to fifteen minutes to complete and can be used along with the assessment interview.
A. mainly B. punctually C. approximately D. precisely K
5. (2009湖南卷)I can ______ be a teacher. I’m not a very patient person.
A. seldom B. ever C. never D. always
6. (2009江苏卷)Compared with his sister, Jerry is even more _____ to, and more easily troubled by, emotional and relationship problems.
A. sceptical B. addicted C. available D. sensitive
7. (2009江西卷)Frank put the mediocre in the top drawer to make sure it would not be _______ to the kids. A. accessible B. relative C. acceptable D. sensitive
8. (2009辽宁卷)Usually John would be late for meetings. But this time, to my surprise, he arrived on time.
A little B much C ever D even
9. (2009全国I)How much she looked without her glasses!
A. well B. good C. best D. better
10. (2009全国II)The children loved their day trip, and they enjoyed the horse ride ___.
A. most B. more C. less D. little
11. (2009全国II)I’m sure that your letter will get ________ attention .They know you’re waiting for the reply. A. continued B. immediate C. careful D. general
12. (2009天津卷)It was a nice house, but _______ too small for a family of live.
A. rarely B. fairly C. rather D. pretty
13. (2009天津卷)I’m not surprised that he became a writer. Even as a child he had a _____ imagination. A. clear B. cautious C. funny D. vivid
14. (2009浙江卷)John is very — if he promises to do something he’ll do it .
A independent B confident C reliable D flexible
15. (2009浙江卷)In the good care of the nurses, the boy is recovering from his heart operation. A quietly B actually C practically D gradually
16. (2009全国II) It’s high time you had your hair cut; it’s getting _____.
A. too much long B. much too long C. long too much D. too long much
17. (2009浙江卷)It took building supplies to construct these energy-saving houses. It took brains, too.
A. other than B. more than C. rather than D. less than
1. (2009北京卷)The wine industry in the area has developed in a special way, ____ little foreign ownership. A. by B. of C. with D. from
2. (2009福建卷)— How amazing it is that astronauts are exploring outer space!
— It’s a challenge, I guess, man against nature.
A. of B. for C. by D. about
3. (2009湖北卷)You’d sound a lot more polite if you make a request a question.
A. in search B. in the form of C. in need of D. in the direction of
4. (2009湖北卷)His efforts to raise money for his program were _______ because no one showed any intention to take a cent out of their pockets.
A. in place B. in sight C. in effect D. in vain
5. (2009湖南卷)Most Americans would prefer to keep their problems ______ themselves, and solve their problems ______ themselves.
A. to; by B. by; to C. for; to D. in; on
6. (2009江苏卷)This special school accepts all disabled students, _____ educational level and background.
A. according to B. regardless of C. in addition to D. in terms of
7. (2009江西卷)The house I grew up ________ has been taken down and replaced by an office building. A. in it B. in C. in that D. in which
8. (2009辽宁卷)Children need friends their own age to play with.
A. of B. for C. in D. at
9. (2009全国I)Everybody was touched words after they heard her moving story.
A. beyond B. without C. of D. in
10. (2009全国II)Jenny nearly missed the flight ______ doing too much shopping.
A. as a result of B. on top of C. in front of D. in need of
11. (2009山东卷Mary and I see each other ________,but not as often as we used to.
A. sooner or later B. once in a while C. in the end D. more or less
12. (2009山东卷It saves time in the kitchen to have things you use a lot _______ easy reach.
A. near B. upon C. within D. around
13. (2009陕西卷)He invited me to a dance after the show Chrismas Eve.
A at B on C in D by
14. (2009上海卷)Four Chinese models were ______ the 14 people awarded prizes on Friday at the World Supermodel Competition.
A. among B. between C. along D. beside
15. (2009四川卷) A great person is always putting others’ interests _________ his own.
A. below B. above C. in D. on
16. (2009重庆卷)Try on this red skirt; you will look great _____it.
A. on B. by C. in D. for
17. (2009天津卷)The art show was _______ being a failure; it was a great success.
A. far from B. along with C. next to D. regardless of
1. (2009安徽卷) Just as Professor Scotti often it, success is ninety-nine percent mental attitude.
A. gets B. makes C. puts D. means
2. (2009安徽卷)We tried to find a table for seven, hut they were all .
A. given away B. kept away C. taken up D. used up
3. (2009福建卷)The Somali robbed frequent attacks on the sea urged the United Nations to___ all nations to take immediate action.
A. fight for B. apply for C. call on D. wait on
4. (2009湖北卷)Would you please the paper for me and see if there are any obvious mistakes?
A. look around B. look into C. look up D. look through
5. (2009湖北卷)During the war there was a serious lack of food. It was not unusual that even the wealthy families had to bread for days.
A. eat up B. give away C. do without D. deal with
6. (2009湖北卷)The loss has not yet been accurately, but it is believed to be well beyond a hundred million dollars.
A. calculated B. considered C. completed D. controlled
7. (2009湖北卷)Some parents are just too protective. They want to their kids from every kind of danger, real or imagined.
A. spot B. dismiss C. shelter D. distinguish
8. (2009江苏卷)— I’m surprised to hear that Sue and Paul have _____.
— So am I. They seemed very happy together when I last saw them.
A. broken up B. finished up C. divided up D. closed up
9. (2009江西卷)It is reported that the police will soon ____ the case of two missing children.
A. look upon B. look after C. look into D. look out
10. (2009全国I) I tried phoning her office, but I couldn’t____.
A. get along B. get on C. get to D. get through
11. (2009全国I)Encourage your children to try new things, but try not to them too hard.
A. draw B. strike C. rush D. push
12. (2009全国II)If you leave the club, you will not be ______ back in.
A. received B. admitted C. turned D. moved
13. (2009山东卷)— Do you have enough to ________ all your daily expenses?
— — Oh yes, enough and to spare.
A. cover B. spend C. fill D. offer
14. (2009山东卷)Amy joined a painting group but didn’t seem to _______, so she left.
A. show off B. go up C. fit in D. come over
15. (2009陕西卷)A notice was in order to remind the students of the changed lecture time .
A sent up B given up C set up D put up
16. (2009四川卷)— Have you __________? — No. I had the wrong number.
A. got in B. got away C. got off D. got through
17. (2009四川卷)— How about your journey to Mount Emei?
— Everything was wonderful except that our car _________ twice on the way.
A. slowed down B. broke down C. got down D. put down
18. (2009天津卷)— Sorry, I have to ______ now. It’s time for class.
— OK, I’ll call back later.
A. hang up B. break up C. give up D. hold up
19. (2009天津卷)Don’t worry if you don’t understand everything, The teacher will ______ the main points at the end.
A. recover B. review C. require D. remember
20. (2009浙江卷)The good thing about children is that they very easily to new environments.
A. adapt B. appeal C. attach D. apply
21. (2009浙江卷)Practising Chinese kung fu can not only one’s strength, but also develop one’s character.
A bring up B take up C build up D pull up
1. (2009安徽卷)Daniel's family their holiday in Huangshan this time next week.
A. are enjoying B. are to enjoy C. will enjoy D. will be enjoying
2. (2009北京卷)Scientists have many theories about how the universe ___ into being.
A. came B. was coming C. had come D. would come
3. (2009北京卷)The way the guests ___ in the hotel influenced their evaluation of the service.
A. treated B. were treated C. would treat D. would be treated
4. (2009北京卷)When I talked with my grandma on the phone, she sounded weak, but by the time we ___ up, her voice had been full of life.
A. were hanging B. had hung C. hung D. would hang
5. (2009北京卷)John was given the same suitcase his father and grandfather ___ with them to school.
A. took B. had taken C. were taking D. would take
6. (2009福建卷) — Why does the Lake smell terrible?
— Because large quantities of water .
A. have polluted B. is being polluted C. has been polluted D. have been polluted
7. (2009福建卷)For a moment nothing happened ,Then all shouting together.
A. voices had come B. came voices C. voices would come D. did voices come
8. (2009福建卷)According to the literary review, Shakespeare his characters live through their language in his plays.
A. will make B. had made C. was making D. makes
9. (2009湖南卷)When he ______ the door, he found his keys were nowhere.
A. would open B. opened C. had opened D. was to open
10. (2009湖南卷)Would you please keep silent? The weather report ______ and I want to listen.
A. is broadcast B. is being broadcast C. has been broadcast D. had been broadcast
11. (2009湖南卷)— The food here is nice enough.
— My friend ______ me a right place.
A. introduces B. introduced C. had introduced D. was introducing
12. (2009江苏卷)The population of Jiangsu _____ to more than twice what it was in 1949. The figure is now approaching 74 million.
A. has grown B. have grown C. grew D. are growing
13. (2009江苏卷)— Ann is in hospital.
— Oh, really? I _____ know. I _____ go and visit her.
A. didn’t; am going to B. don’t; would
C. don’t; will D. didn’t; will
14. (2009江西卷)— What is the price of petrol these days
— Oh, it ______ sharply since last month.
A. is raised B. has risen C. has arisen D. is increased
15. (2009江西卷)— Do you want a lift home?
— It’s very kind of you, but I have to work late in the office. I overslept this morning because my alarm clock _______.
A. doesn’t go off B. won’t go off C. wasn’t going off D. didn’t go off
16. (2009辽宁卷)Excuse me, Marcia, a reporter from Vanity Fair ________ all day. Could you speak to her now?
A. phones B. has phoned C. has been phoning D. phoned
17. (2009辽宁卷) My parents have promised to come to see me before I for Africa.
A. have left B. leave C. left D. will leave
18. (2009全国I)His sister left home in 1998, and since.
A. had not been heard of B. has not been heard of C. had not heard of D. has not heard of
19. (2009全国I)Edward, you play so well. But I you played the piano.
A. didn’t know B. hadn’t known C. don’t know D. haven’t known
20. (2009全国II)Progress ______ so far very good and we sure that the work will be finished on time.
A. was B. had been C. has been D. will be
21. (2009山东卷The number of foreign students attending Chinese universities ________ rising steadily since1990.
A. is B. are C. has been D. have been
22. (2009山东卷I was out of town at the time, so I don’t know exactly how it _______.
A. was happening B. happened C. happens D. has happened
23. (2009陕西卷)This is the first time we a film in the cinema together as a family.
A see B had seen C saw D have seen
24. (2009上海卷)Mary went to the box office at lunch time, but all the tickets ______ out.
A. would sell B. had sold C. have sold D. was selling
25. (2009上海卷)During the period of recent terrorist activities, people _______ not to touch any unattended bag.
A. had always been warned B. were always being warned
C. are always warning D. always warned
26. (2009四川卷) — Why don’t we choose that road to save time?
— The bridge to it __________.
A. has repaired B. is repaired C. is being repaired D. will be repaired
27. (2009四川卷)— You speak very good French!
— Thanks. I __________ French in Sichuan University for four years.
A. studied B. study C. was studying D. had studied
28. (2009天津卷) My parents _____ in Hong Kong. They were born there and have never lived anywhere else.
A. live B. lived C. were living D. will live
29. (2009浙江卷)Over the past decades, sea ice in the Arctic as a result of global warming.
A. had decreased B. decreased C. has been decreasing D. is decreasing
30. (2009浙江卷)— What do you think of the movie?
— It’s fantastic. The only pity is that I the beginning of it.
A missed B had missed C miss D would miss
31. (2009重庆卷)She stared at the painting ,wondering where she ______it.
A. saw B. has seen C. sees D. had seen
32. (2009重庆卷)— I’ve got to go now.
— Must you ?I ______you could stay for dinner with us.
A. think B. thought C. have thought D. am thinking
33. (2009重庆卷)Professor Williams keeps telling his students that the future ______to the well-educated. A. belongs B. is belonged C. is belonging D. will be belonged
34. (2009江苏卷) — Hi, Terry, can I use your computer for a while this afternoon?
— Sorry. _____.
A. It’s repaired B. It has been repaired C. It’s being repaired D. It had been repaired
1. (2009安徽卷)The play next month aims mainly to reflect the local culture.
A. produced B. being produced
C. to be produced D. having been produced
2. (2009北京卷) For breakfast he only drinks juice from fresh fruit ___ on his own farm.
A. grown B. being grown C. to be grown D. to grow
3. (2009北京卷)All of them try to use the power of the workstation ___ information in a more effective way.
A. presenting B. presented C. being presented D. to present
4. (2009北京卷)____ twice, the postman refused to deliver our letters unless we changed our dog.
A. Being bitten B. Bitten C. Having bitten D. To be bitten
5. (2009福建卷) not to miss the flight at 15:20, the manager set out for the airport in a hurry.
A. Reminding B. Reminded C. To remind D. Having reminded
6. (2009福建卷)In April, 2009, President Hu inspected the warships in Qingdao, the 60th anniversary of the founding of the PLA Navy.
A. marking B. marked C. having marked D. being marked
7. (2009湖南卷)Every evening after dinner, if not ______ from work, I will spend some time walking my dog.
A. being tired B. tiring C. tired D. to be tired
8. (2009湖南卷)At the age of 29, Dave was a worker, ______ in a small apartment near Boston and ______ what to do about his future.
A. living; wondering B. lived; wondering
C. lived; wondered D. living; wondered
9. (2009湖南卷)Nowadays people sometimes separate their waste to make it easier for it ______.
A. reusing B. reused C. reuses D. to be reused
10. (2009湖南卷)Please do me a favor — _____ my friend Mr. Smith to Youth Theater at 7:30 tonight.
A. to invite B. inviting C. invite D. invited
11. (2009江苏卷)Schools across China are expected to hire 50,000 college graduates this year as short-term teachers, almost three times the number hired last year, _____ reduce unemployment pressures.
A. help B. to have helped C. to help D. having helped
12. (2009江苏卷)Distinguished guests and friends, welcome to our school. _____ the ceremony of the 50th Anniversary this morning are our alumni (校友) from home and abroad.
A. Attend B. To attend C. Attending D. Having attended
13. (2009江西卷)_________ the right kind of training, these teenage soccer players may one day grow into the international stars.
A. Giving B. Having given C. To give D. Given
14. (2009江西卷)The government plans to bring in new laws _____ parents to take more responsibility for the education of their children.
A. forced B. forcing C. to be forced D. having forced
15. (2009辽宁卷)When we visited my old family home, memory came ______ back
A. flooding B. to flood C. flood D. flooded
16. (2009辽宁卷) , you need to give all yo, u have and try your best.
A. Being a winner B. To be a winner C. Be a winner D. Having been a winner
17. (2009全国I)The children all turned the famous actress as she entered the classroom.
A. looked at B. to look at C. to looking at D. look at
18. (2009全国I)Now that we’ve discussed out problem, are people happy with the decisions ?
A. taking B. take C. taken D. to take
19. (2009全国II)It is often _____ that human beings are naturally equipped to speak.
A. said B. to say C. saying D. being said
20. (2009全国II)They use computers to keep the traffic ______ smoothly.
A. being run B. run C. to run D. running
21. (2009山东卷)We are invited to a party _________in our club next Friday.
A. to be held B. held C. being held D. holding
22. (2009陕西卷)I still remember to the Famen Temple and what I saw there .
A. to take B. to be taken C. taking D. being taken
23. (2009上海卷)A small plane crashed into a hillside five miles east of the city, _____ all four people on board. A. killed B. killing C. kills D. to kill
24. (2009上海卷)With the government’s aid, those ______ by the earthquake have moved to the new settlements. A. affect B. affecting C. affected D. were affected
25. (2009上海卷)Bill suggested ______ a meeting on what to do for the Shanghai Expo during the vacation.
A. having held B. to hold C. Holding D. hold
26. (2009上海卷)David threatened ______ his neighbor to the police if the damages were not paid.
A. to be reported B. reporting C. to report D. having reported
27. (2009四川卷)He told us whether _________ a picnic was still under discussion
A. to have B. having C. have D. had
28. (2009四川卷)Ladies and gentlemen, please remain __________ until the plane has come to a complete stop.
A. seated B. seating C. to seat D. seat
29. (2009四川卷)________ many times, he finally understood it.
A. Told B. Telling C. Having told D. Having been told
30. (2009天津卷)______ the project in time, the staff were working at weekends.
A. Competing B. Having completed C. To have completed D. To complete
31. (2009天津卷)_____ by the advances in technology, many farmers have set up wind farms on their land.
A. Being encouraged B. Encouraging C. Encouraged D. Having encouraged
32. (2009浙江卷)___ and short of breath, Andy and Ruby were the first to reach the top of Mount Tai. A. To be tried B. Tired C. Tiring D. Being tired
33. (2009浙江卷)There is a great deal of evidence that music activities engage different parts of the brain.
A. indicate B. indicating C. to indicate D. to be indicating
34. (2009重庆卷) Michael’s new house is like a huge palace, ______with his old one.
A. comparing B. compares C. to compare D. compared
35. (2009重庆卷)With the world changing fast, we have something new _______with all by ourselves every day.
A. deal B. dealt C. to deal D. dealing
1. (2009全国II) My friend showed me round the town, ______ was very kind of him.
A. which B. that C. where D. it
2. (2009安徽卷)Many children, parents are away working in big cities, are taken good care of in the village.
A. their B. whose C. of them D. with whom
3. (2009北京卷)— What do you think of teaching, Bob?
— I find it fun and challenging. It is a job ___ you are doing something serious but interesting.
A. where B. Which C. When D. that
4. (2009福建卷)It’s helpful to put children in a situation _______ they can see themselves differently.
A. that B. when C. which D. where
5. (2009湖南卷)I was born in New Orleans, Louisiana, a city ______ name will create a picture of beautiful trees and green grass in our mind.
A. which B. of which C. that D. whose
6. (2009江苏卷)Because of the financial crisis, days are gone _____ local 5-star hotels charged 6,000 yuan for one night.
A. if B. when C. which D. since
7. (2009辽宁卷)They’ve won their last three matches, ________ I find a bit surprising actually.
A. that B. when C. what D. which
8. (2009全国I)She brought with her three friends, none of I had ever met before.
A. them B. who C. whom D. these
10. (2009山东卷)Whenever I met her, _________ was fairly often, she greeted me with a sweet smile.
A. who B. which C. when D. that
11. (2009陕西卷)Gun control is a subject Americans have argued for a long time .
A. of which B. with which C. about which D. into which
12. (2009上海卷)Mozart’s birthplace and the house ______ he composed “The Magic Flute” are both museums now.
A. where B. when C. there D. which
13. (2009四川卷)She’ll never forget her stay there ________ she found her son who had gone missing two years before.
A. that B. which C. where D. when
14. (2009天津卷)A person ______ e-mail account is full won’t be able to send or receive any e-mails.
A. who B. whom C. whose D. whoever
15. (2009天津卷)I travel to the Binhai New Area by light railway every day, _____ do many businessmen who live in downtown Tianjin.
A. as B. which C. when D. though
16. (2009浙江卷)I have reached a point in my life I am supposed to make decisions of my own.
A which B where C how D why
17. (2009重庆卷)Life is like a long race _____we compete with others to go beyond ourselves.
A. why B. what C. that D. where
1. (2009安徽卷)A good friend of mine from I was born showed up at my home right before I left for Beijing.
A. how B. whom C. where D. which
2. (2009安徽卷) a certain doubt among the people as to the practical value of the project.
A. It has B. They have C. It remains D. There remains
3. (2009北京卷)At first he hated the new job but decided to give himself a few months to see ___ it got any better.
A. when B. how C. why D. if
4. (2009福建卷)— Your mum is very kind.
— Yeah, My mum is pretty considerate, you know what ,she always arranges everything around me.
A. she means B. you mean C. I mean D. we mean
5. (2009湖南卷)She is very dear to us. We have been prepared to do ______ it takes to save her life.
A. whichever B. however C. whatever D. whoever
6. (2009江苏卷) — Hi, Terry, can I use your computer for a while this afternoon?
— Sorry. _____.
A. It’s repaired B. It has been repaired C. It’s being repaired D. It had been repaired
7. (2009江苏卷)Many young people in the West are expected to leave _____ could be life’s most important decision — marriage — almost entirely up to luck.
A. as B. that C. which D. what
8. (2009江西卷)The fact has worried many scientists ______ the earth is becoming warmer and warmer these years.
A. what B. which C. that D. though
9. (2009全国I)Could I speak to is in charge of International Sales please?
A. who B. what C. whoever D. whatever
10. (2009山东卷)The little girl who got lost decided to remain _______she was and wait for her mother.
A. where B. what C. how D. who
11. (2009陕西卷)The how to book can be of help to wants to do the job.
A who B whomever C no matter who D whoever
12. (2009上海卷)It is not immediately clear _______ the financial crisis will soon be over.
A. since B. what C. when D. whether
13. (2009上海卷)As a new diplomat. he often thinks of ______ he can react more appropriately on such occasions.
A. what B. which C. that D. how
14. (2009四川卷)News came from the school office ________Wang Lin had been admitted to Beijing University. A. which B. what C. that D. where
15. (2009四川卷)— I wonder ________ you’ll water this kind of flower.
— Every other day.
A. how often B. how long C. how soon D. how much
16. (2009天津卷)It is obvious to the students ______ they should get well prepared for their future.
A. as B. which C. whether D. that
17. (2009浙江卷)— Is there any possibility you could pick me up at the airport ?
— No problem
A. when B. that C. whether D. what
18. (2009重庆卷)We should consider the students’ request _______the school library provide more books on popular science. A. that B. when C. which D. where
1. (2009安徽卷) — I wonder how much you charge for your services.
— The first two are free the third costs $30.
A. while B. until C. when D. before
2. (2009北京卷)John plays basketball well, ___his favorite sport is badminton.
A. so B. or C. yet D. for
3. (2009北京卷)You may use the room as you like ___ you clean it up afterwards.
A. so far as B. so long as C. in case D. even if
4. (2009福建卷)She had just finished her homework her mother asked her to practice playing the piano yesterday.
A. when B. while C. after D. since
5. (2009湖南卷)______ the police thought he was the most likely one, since they had no exact proof about it, they could not arrest him.
A. Although B. As long as C. If only D. As soon as
6. (2009江苏卷)_____ unemployment and crime are high, it can be assumed that the latter is due to the former.
A. Before B. Where C. Unless D. Until
7. (2009江西卷)According to statistics, a man is more than twice as likely to die of skin cancer _________ a woman.
A. than B. such C. so D. as
8. (2009辽宁卷)It just isn’t fair. I was working as a waiter last month, my friends were lying on the beach..
A. whenever B. though C. for D .while
9. (2009辽宁卷)Peter’s jacket looked just the same as Jack’s, but it cost his.
A. as much twice as B. twice as much as C. much as twice as D. as twice much as
10. (2009全国II)All the dishes in this menu, _____ otherwise stated, will serve two to three people.
A. as B. if C. though D. unless
11. (2009山东卷)— Shall we have our picnic tomorrow?
— ______it doesn’t rain.
A. Until B. While C. Once D. If
12. (2009陕西卷)My parents don’t mind what job I do I am happy .
A even though B as soon as C as long as D as though
13. (2009上海卷)The Great Wall is _______ tourist attraction that millions of people pour in every year.
A. so a well-known B. a so well-known
C. such well-known a D. such a well-known
14. (2009上海卷)You can’t borrow books from the school library _______ you get your student card.
A. before B. if C. while D. as
15. (2009四川卷)Owen wouldn’t eat anything ____________ he cooked it himself
A. until B. since C. unless D. while
16. (2009四川卷)My uncle’s house in the downtown area is much smaller than ours , but it is twice _______ expensive . A. as B. so C. too D. very
17. (2009浙江卷)The incomes of skilled workers went up. , unskilled workers saw their earnings fall. A Moreover B. Therefore C. Meanwhile D. Otherwise
18. (2009浙江卷)The medicine works more effectively you drink some hot water after taking it. A as B until C although D if
19. (2009重庆卷)Peter was so excited _______he received an invitation from his friend to visit Chongqing. A. where B. that C. why D. when
1. (2009安徽卷)Some people who don’t like to talk much are not necessarily shy; they ___ just be quiet people.
A. must B. may C. should D. would
2. (2009安徽卷) But for their help, we the program in time.
A. can not finish B. will not finish C. had not finished D. could not have finished
3. (2009北京卷) One of the few things you ___ say about English people with certainty is that they talk a lot about the weather.
A. need B. must C. should D. can
4. (2009福建卷) But for the help of my English teacher, I the first prize in the English Writing Competition.
A. would not win B. would not have won C. would win D. would have won
5. (2009湖南卷)— It’s the office! So you ______ know eating is not allowed here.
— Oh, sorry.
A. must B. will C. may D. need
6. (2009江苏卷)He did not regret saying what he did but felt that he _____ it differently.
A. could express B. would express C. could have expressed D. must have expressed
7. (2009辽宁卷) The traffic is heavy these days. I arrive a bit late, so could you save me a place?
A. can B. must C. need D. might
8. (2009全国I)What do you mean, there are only ten tickets? There be twelve.
A. should B. would C. will D. shall
9. (2009全国II) I can’t leave. She told me that I _____ stay here until she comes back.
A. can B. must C. will D. may
10. (2009上海卷)It ______ have been Tom that parked the car here, as he is the only one with a car.
A. may B. can C. must D. should
11. (2009四川卷)— I don’t care what people think.
— Well, you _______.
A. could B. would C. should D. might
12. (2009天津卷)This printer is of good quality. If it _______ break down within the first year, we would repair it at our expense.
A. would B. should C. could D. might
13. (2009浙江卷) The doctor recommended that you swim after eating a large meal.
A. wouldn’t B. couldn’t C. needn’t D. shouldn’t
14. (2009重庆卷)— Hi, Tom. Any idea where Jane is?
— She _____in the classroom. I saw her there just now.
A. shall be B. should have been C. must be D. might have been
1. (2009湖南卷)Every evening after dinner, if not ______ from work, I will spend some time walking my dog.
A. being tired B. tiring C. tired D. to be tired
2. (2009湖南卷)You and I could hardly work together, ______?
A. could you B. couldn’t I C. couldn’t we D. could we
3. (2009湖南卷)Either you or one of your students ______ to attend the meeting that is due tomorrow. A. are B. is C. have D. be
4. (2009江苏卷)— What’s the matter with Della?
— Well, her parents wouldn’t allow her to go to the party, but she still _____.
A. hopes to B. hopes so C. hopes not D. hopes for
5. (2009江西卷)It was _____ he came bank from Africa that year _________ he met the girl he would like to marry.
A. when; then B. not; until C. not until; that D. only; when
6. (2009江西卷)At present, one of the arguments in favor of the new airport ________ that it will bring a lot jobs to the area.
A. is B. are C. will be D. were
7. (2009江西卷)Some of you may have finished unit one. _____, you can go on to unit two.
A. If you may B. If you do C. If not D. If so
8. (2009辽宁卷)It’s the first time that he has been to Australia, ?
A. isn’t he B. hasn’t he C. isn’t it D. hasn’t it
9. (2009全国I)The computer was used in teaching. As a result, not only , but students became more interested in the lessons.
A. saved was teachers’ energy B. was teachers’ energy saved
C. teachers’ energy was saved D. was saved teachers’ energy
10. (2009山东卷The number of foreign students attending Chinese universities ________ rising steadily since1990.
A. is B. are C. has been D. have been
11. (2009山东卷)So sudden ________ that the enemy had no time to escape.
A. did the attack B. the attack did C. was the attack D. the attack was
12. (2009山东卷)— Poor Steve! I could hardly recognize him just now!
— _______________, He has changed so much.
A. Never mind B. No problem C. Not at all D. Me neither
13. (2009陕西卷)Dr.Smith, together with his wife and daughters , ____ visit Beijing this summer.
A is going to B are going to C was going to D were going to
14. (2009陕西卷)— My mother is preparing my favorite dishes .Go with me and have a taste ,okay?
— .And I’ll be glad to meet your parents .
A I think so B I’d love to C I’m sure D I hope so
15. (2009陕西卷)He must be helping the old man to water the flowers, ?
A is he B isn’t he C must he D mustn’t he
16. (2009陕西卷) Little about her own safety ,though she was in great danger herself.
A did Rose care B Rose did care C Rose does care D does Rose care
17. (2009上海卷)Sally’s never seen a play in the Shanghai Grand Theatre, ______?
A. hasn’t she B. has she C. isn’t she D. is she
18. (2009上海卷)Hearing the dog barking fiercely, away ______.
A. fleeing the thief B. was fleeing the thief C. the thief was fleeing D. fled the thief
19. (2009四川卷)Not until I came home last night ________ to bed.
A. Mum did go B. did Mum go C. went Mum D. Mum went
20. (2009四川卷)The teacher together with the students ________ discussing Reading Skills that ________ newly published in America.
A. are ; were B. is ; were C. are ; was D. is ; was
21. (2009重庆卷)Unsatisfied ______with the payment ,he took the job just to get some work experience.
A. though was he B. though he was C. he was though D. was he though
22.(2009福建卷)For a moment nothing happened ,Then all shouting together.
A. voices had come B. came voices C. voices would come D. did voices come
1. (2009安徽卷)— Could you be so kind as to close the window?
A. With pleasure B. Go ahead C. Yes, please D. That's OK
2. (2009安徽卷)I'm amazed to hear from my school teacher again. , it is ten years since we met last.
A. In a word B. What’s more C. That’s to say D. Believe it or not
3. (2009福建卷) — Bruce, I really appreciate your handwriting.
A. I practice every day B. Thank you very much
C. No, I don’t think so D. Well, it’s not good enough
4. (2009江苏卷)— Bill, can I get you anything to drink?
A. You are welcome B. No problem C. I wouldn’t mind a coffee D. Doesn’t matter
5. (2009江西卷)— Thank you for your MP4 player. I’ll get Mary to take it to you soon.
— ___________. I’ve bought a new one.
A. No sense B. No hurry C. No way D. No use
6. (2009辽宁卷)— Is it OK if I take this seat? — Sorry._______
A. here you are B. take it C. it’s taken D. never mind
7. (2009辽宁卷) — Sorry, do you mind if I smoke here?
A. you could B. go ahead C. I do D. my pleasure
8. (2009全国I)－It looks heavy. Can I give you a hand?
A. No, thanks B. Yes, my pleasure C. No, never mind D. Yes, I do
9. (2009全国II) — Do you mind my opening the window? It’s a bit hot in here .
— ______, as a matter of fact.
A. Go ahead B. Yes, my pleasure C. Yes, I do D. Come on
10. (2009山东卷)— John and I will celebrate our fortieth wedding anniversary next month.
— Oh, _________!
A. cheer up B.well done C. go ahead D. congratulations
11. (2009山东卷)— Poor Steve! I could hardly recognize him just now!
— _______________, He has changed so much.
A. Never mind B. No problem C. Not at all D. Me neither
12. (2009陕西卷)— Have you finished your first paper?
— . Just half of it .How about you?
A.Not at all B.Not likely C. Not a bit D.Not yet
13. (2009四川卷)— May I open the window to let in some fresh air?
A. Come on B. Take care C. Go ahead! D. Hold on!
14. (2009四川卷)— Would you please help me with the box?
A. Yes, please B. No, please don’t C. With pleasure D. My pleasure
15. (2009天津卷)— We’re organizing a party next Saturday, and I’d like you to come.
— _______! I have another one that day. Thank you just the same.
A. Good luck B. What a pity C. Never do it again D. Well done
16. (2009天津卷)— Putting on a happy face not only helps us make friends but also makes us feel better.
A. I’d love to B. I’m with you on that C . It’s up to you D. It’s my pleasure
17. (2009浙江卷)— Hey, you haven’t been acting like yourself. Everything OK? — .
A. I’m fine, thanks B Sure, it is C. That’s good D It’s OK
18. (2009浙江卷)— Do you want another drink? — .
A I don’t think so B No way C Not at all D I wouldn’t say no
19. (2009浙江卷) , the pay isn’t attractive enough, though the job itself is quite interesting.
A Generally speaking B On the contrary C In particular D To be honest
20. (2009重庆卷)— You are confident about the job interview , aren’t you?
— _____.I’m well prepared and feel I’ve got everything they need.
A. sure, I am B. It’s hard to say C.I hope so D. Well, maybe
21. (2009重庆卷)— Ken, ________,but your TV is going too loud.
— Oh, I’m sorry. I’ll turn it down right now.
A. I’d like to talk with you B. I’m really tired of this
C.I hate to say this D. I need your help